The Oberhausmuseum invites its visitors to discover art and culture with all their senses. We offer guided tours of the castle grounds for groups in English starting Juli 2nd.
If you have any special requests, please mention them when you book. After the guided tour, you can take the opportunity to visit the rest of the museum together.
We are looking forward to your visit!
- Groups up to 14 participants 45 € (plus admission)
- Groups 15 and more 3 € per person (plus reduced admission)
- Groups larger than 30 participants will be divided.
- Duration approx. 1 hour
- Visitors are required to wear FFP2 masks during the tour.
- Reservation required, please fill in the booking request (until one week before your intended visit)
- If you have questions or special requests, please call +49 851 396800 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A guided tour through Veste Oberhaus
Veste Oberhaus can look back on a highly exciting history. Permanently inhabited and used ever since its beginnings in 1219, this ancient castle brings 800 years of history back to life. Its venerable walls have witnessed numerous enemy attacks, held famous prisoners, and, were besieged by camper vans. Discover exciting background information about the origins of Veste Oberhaus: its development from a medieval castle, to a Renaissance palace, and finally a modern fortress. Finish the tour with the Linde Battery – a unique place to view the baroque city of Passau and the colourful confluence of the three rivers Danube, Inn and Ilz.
Please note that the tour only includes the outdoor areas of the castle!